Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Disapedia.com offers promise as disability resource

I came across the following through a news alert on assistive technology. It is a relatively new web site, but if web traffic is any indication, then the site is getting more and more popular.

Disapedia.com
Has been on line for only seven months and has already had more than 7,000 visitors.

The Disapedia site seems to be a good and solid beginning foundation of a web site that could evolve into a good, one-stop resource. I don’t think the achievement of an end-all, be-all site is a true reality, but this could definitely find its place in the resource toolbox as one is putting together pieces of a larger puzzle.

I see good promise here, especially in the area of site updates, letting the reader see the ten latest updated articles on the home page. Disapedia on a whole is a noble effort that will take work to maintain. I wish them well as they pursue this endeavor and will be watching their progress.

2 comments:

Ron Graham said...

Stringerace,

You’re welcome. I appreciate you adding me to the friends list, too.

As a disability advocate, and being blind myself, I understand how powerful good resources can be. I’m always on the lookout for new innovations in this arena and when I find these, I like to spread the news here on Access Ability.

Good luck and I’ll be keeping tabs on your progress at Disapedia.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, feel free to write me at, accessabilityblog at Yahoo.com.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Talking about things like this when we see them does a lot to help promote the sites. Not only does it give them possible views, but it also gives them popularity ranks for google. A lot of people see things that should be talked about, but then do not. So thank you for mentioning this!

-Aaron Marks