Thursday, May 01, 2008

Man's finger is regenerated, including the nail and fingerprint

In February of last year,I reported on a substance manufactured from an extract of dried pig’s bladder that was used to
Regenerate a man’s fingertip.

Here’s an update on that item.

Fox News shares an
Associated Press article
Discussing how a man’s fingertip was regrown in only four weeks, to include fingernail and fingerprint, with the aid of this dried porcine bladder extract (which the man calls “pixie dust.”)

Now, I don't know if the man in the Fox News story is the same man mentioned in the article I had previously reported about. The Fox News report does include the extent to which the finger regenerated, which is fantastic to even conceive and why I'm writing about it today.

What else can I say? Science continues to impress and amaze me.

No comments: